Acrylic elastomeric exterior water proof coating
VERTI COAT is composed of high quality acrylic emulsion polymer, light fast & weather durable pigments, properly selected & graded fine fillers, many additives & water as a medium. It is used as a waterproofing & protective coating for exterior walls of the buildings because it forms higher film thickness, has excellent flexibility, breathing properties, water resistance, crack-bridging ability, weathering durability and an excellent resistance to the growth of microorganisms.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
- All types of exterior masonry surfaces, concrete, cement s and renderings, etc.
- Applicable on asbestos sheets
Features & Benefits
- Film thickness – Higher film thickness provides resistance to the movements of structures, gives crack
- Bridging ability & waterproofing properties.
- Flexibility – Flexible and covers hairline cracks (upto 0.5 mm) effectively so that no ingress of water.
- Toughness – Tough films withstands wind driven rain.
- Elasticity – High elasticity easily withstands stress caused by thermal expansion & contraction
- Ready to use – No dilution is required hence ensures desired film thickness built-up without affecting the performance.
- Microbial resistance – Resistance to fungus and algae hence maintains the aesthetic value.
- UV resistant – Resistance to UV (Sun light) hence coating has longer life.
- Dirt pick up – Very low dirt pick up & can be cleaned easily hence maintains the aesthetics.
- Breathability – Permeable to water vapor.
- Ease of application – User friendly, easily applicable by brush, roller or spray.
- Toxicity – It is Non-toxic.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- All new cement-sand renderings /concrete surfaces should be allowed to age 6 to 8 weeks before surface coating.
- Surface for treatment must be thoroughly cleaned of all laitance, loose material, oil, grease, etc. by mechanical means such as wire brushing & shot blasting .
- Finally vacuum cleaning of all loose solids and liquids can be done, if required.
- All surface cracks upto 5 mm width should be filled up with Crack filler. Cracks morethan 5 mm and all separation gaps should be filled up with POWER FIX SBR, modified mortar or as specified.
- Use VERTI COAT from the container. Stir contents well before use.
- Apply two neat coats of VERTI COAT without dilution by brush or roller at a time interval of 5-6 hours.
- For enhanced protection, apply additional coat of VERTI COAT on rain lashing walls, chajjas and parapet walls.
- Allow the coated surface to air cure fully for 7 days.
PRECAUTIONS & LIMITATIONS
- Do not dilute VERTI COAT.
- Do not apply when ambient temperature is below 100C or above 450C.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or during rains.
- Adhesion property may get affected over poor quality putty and very smooth surfaces.
- 0 to 3.5 m2 per litre for 2 coats*
- *Coverage may vary depending upon the texture and porosity of the surface
SHELF LIFE & STORAGE
- Shelf life is 18 months from the date of manufacturing in unopened conditions.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep away from direct sunlight and heat.
HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Skin Contact: Wash skin with soap & water. Remove contaminated clothes.
- On eye contact: Immediately splash eyes with plenty of water. Consult Physician if irritation persists.
- Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Call a Physician.